ECONia - the first fully automated pelletizing system
ECONia combines the advantages of thermal insulation and Industry 4.0 in an innovative, new way. An integrated robot (aiCON) takes over the usual operating processes, making a fully automated line become reality. The manual start-up process of the machine and the manual change of the knife carrier are now a thing of the past. The operator can efficiently operate and control more than 10 lines from only one control center. An inline monitoring system (ECON Pellet Vision) monitors the pellets to ensure the best quality possible. If the system measures deviations, the parameters are adjusted automatically to achieve the best results.
- quality first – the implemented ECON Pellet Vision (inline monitoring system) guarantees the production of high-quality pellets and reduces large amounts of off-spec material
- secure – high safety level for the operator
- stable – the automated process and ECON Pellet Vision ensure high process stability
- efficient – the automated system significantly reduces the cost intensive production downtimes during start-up processes and knife carrier changes
- economical – less manpower is required
In addition, ECONia has all the advantages of thermal insulation, which guarantees the best production process possible.
ECON Pellet VISION
ECON Pellet Vision is an inline monitoring system that uses two cameras to ensure perfect quality and high process stability.
ECON Agglomerate Detection
The ECON Agglomerate Detection recognizes lumps and chains during the start-up process to ensure a safe start-up procedure. This system thus guarantees a high process stability.
ECON Pellet Monitoring System
ECON Pellet Monitoring System continually measures the size of the pellets to detect deviations. The following three failure scenarios can be detected and the system automatically adjusts the relevant parameters:
- different sizes of the pellets indicate process-related pellet deviations
- changes in the average pellet size indicates a deviation of throughput or pelletizing speed
- color deviations, which may occur due to failure of the dosage, are displayed
ECON Moisture Check
The ECON Moisture Check is an additional system to ensure the production of high quality pellets. It measures the electric conductivity at the end of the pelletizing process and converts the result into the residual moisture. This ensures that the pellets have the desired degree of dryness.
As a technological leader, ECON continues with the advanced development of this innovative technology in order to make the world of pelletizing easier and more efficient.
*The above-mentioned output ranges are reference values for standard pellets. Throughputs always depend on material properties and pellet size and therefore, they may deviate on an individual basis. Throughputs for micro pellets are usually lower.